Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a 2000 V6 3.2 L Mustang and it has about 57,000 miles on it. Lately I have been having problems starting the car. My engine just doesn't want to start up. This usually occurs when I start the car up for the first time of the day, but it has happened during the middle of the day before too. I suspect it might be coolant leakin into the combustion chamber because I have changed the spark plugs already. Anyone have any ideas? I would be grateful to hear from you.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
sHiXo said:
Hi, I own a 2000 V6 3.2 L Mustang and it has about 57,000 miles on it. Lately I have been having problems starting the car. My engine just doesn't want to start up. This usually occurs when I start the car up for the first time of the day, but it has happened during the middle of the day before too. I suspect it might be coolant leakin into the combustion chamber because I have changed the spark plugs already. Anyone have any ideas? I would be grateful to hear from you.
We need more detail. Does the engine turn over but not want to catch? Any problems with the car not wanting to idle after you get it started?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem with my 02 GT. It might be your Mass Air Sensor. When i put in my CAI i cleaned my MAS and the problem stopped (knock on wood!). Try cleaning off you MAS. if that doesn't work try starting the car with the sensor disconnected. if it starts up than its your sensor. if not ?????

One thing though is that if you do this you'll have to disconnect your battery for like a half hour afterwards or else the check engine light will come on. After its been disconnected for a half hour reconnect it and then drive the car around without using any electronics (radio, A/C, Heat) to put a good charge back in the battery. (i don't know if this is neccesary but i did it anyways, not exactly what you would call a "motor head")

Nick

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
sHiXo said:
could be the MAF, or it could be improperly gapped spark plugs, or spark plugs with a different resistance than the computer expects. If the gap is ok, try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, and reconnect.

Try spraying the MAF with computer contact cleaner -Don't touch the wires, just spray it liberally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.