Well the reason im here is because i own a 2000 V6 Mustang Convertable:
- Valves-12,OHV
Horsepower - 190 @ 5250 rpm
Torque - 220 @ 2750 rpm
Displacement - 3.8L
Bore x Stroke(in.) - 3.81 x 3.40
Compression Ratio - 9.36:1

and... my friend has the 2005 Mazda 3 with the sports package,
I dont know much about the mazda other then i believe its a 4 cyl with 2.3L engine and 160 HP

Now, will someone PLEASE tell me which car is faster/would win in a race.

THANKS A LOTT!!

Jon:)

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
WildJester said:
Well the reason im here is because i own a 2000 V6 Mustang Convertable:
- Valves-12,OHV
Horsepower - 190 @ 5250 rpm
Torque - 220 @ 2750 rpm
Displacement - 3.8L
Bore x Stroke(in.) - 3.81 x 3.40
Compression Ratio - 9.36:1

and... my friend has the 2005 Mazda 3 with the sports package,
I dont know much about the mazda other then i believe its a 4 cyl with 2.3L engine and 160 HP

Now, will someone PLEASE tell me which car is faster/would win in a race.

THANKS A LOTT!!

Jon:)
Is yours an automatic or manual? your car is heavy, dude, so it's hard to say . ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
V6 mustang's don't have a rear swaybar, and since you have a vert the "Bolt-on" subframe connectors don't help, advantage will go to the mazda

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tomustang said:
V6 mustang's don't have a rear swaybar, and since you have a vert the "Bolt-on" subframe connectors don't help, advantage will go to the mazda
?!?!?!?

Where did that come from?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
WildJester said:
vert bolt what!!!
Oh! This is the road racing section.

Yeah, you've got to weld in some subframe connectors and get a GT takeoff rear sway bar + improved shocks to even have a chance around the track.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Probably shouldn't quote me on anything I say, I don't know a ton about racing specs and all that. Just thought I'd mention, according to Edmunds (don't know how reliable they are) a stock 2000 v6 mustang's 0-60 time is 7.3 seconds, the 2005 mazda 3's 0-60 time is 9.73 seconds.

·
Registered
278 Posts
put a few bolt ons and show him your tail lights! i ran neck and neck with a mazda RX-8 he ended up beating me my a foot from 0-90. if you add the bolt ons i have in my sig your car feels comletly different:bigthumbsupalthough you do have a convertable which is heavier, but all the more reason to the power:yup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I take it you mean on a road coarse and everything being equal including driver abilities, I think your in trouble dude. Your car is heavy.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
^^I agree. Most Mazda's handle pretty decently from the factory. I like Mazda's quite a bit, they are nice cars. They are usually quick too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.