Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who (if anyone) makes a performance intake manifold for the 2000 3.8L Mustang? was looking to boost power in the wife's car by about 30-35 hp. I was thinking of going with a CAI, dual exhaust cat back and throttle body. Might need to do some headers to help get her there, but I'm not sure if she wants the extra noise. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
982 Posts
Well Headers really wont due much without a power adder....Exhaust will be good... Stay under 2.25 inches With the CAI make sure to get plastic... Also try a Programmer.... maybe do a port and polish...

· Registered
1,481 Posts
Does anyone know who (if anyone) makes a performance intake manifold for the 2000 3.8L Mustang? was looking to boost power in the wife's car by about 30-35 hp. I was thinking of going with a CAI, dual exhaust cat back and throttle body. Might need to do some headers to help get her there, but I'm not sure if she wants the extra noise. Thanks in advance!
Throttle body is a waste of money and headers are a waste of money unless you are using long tubes; but they won't pass smog in Cali.
30-35 hp is a considerable jump; a good CAI (plastic as mentioned), a good exhaust (2.25" as mentioned), underdrive pullies, P&P upper and lower intakes, and a good tune might get you there. Throw a custom cam in and you will have no problem pulling it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.