Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, haven't posted on here in a bit. Wasn't sure how to post anywhere else but have a question or so. I have a 2000 v6, love the car, but am running into issues. I want to put money into it, but I don't at the same time because it's only a v6. So I was going to hold off. Now the CEL is on throwing codes like P0301 and P0401, bought spark plugs, wires, and am going to check the EGR hoses and valve. But at the same time, I don't want to put money into it. So I was wondering, I found a GT, same year. That needs painted, and has a lot of dents. I talked the guy down to 1500, then thought and offered him 1000 just for the body without the interior and trunk/fenders. Would a swap be possible? And if so, how long do you think it would take for something like this? I'd have the entire car for the swap pretty much, and all the tools is need. I've replaced trannys and Engines in the past and fixed just about every part in between. I just wanted someone's input on this. Also, if you could show me how to post elsewhere on the site, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Would be FAR easier to just buy the 2000 GT complete and swap over your V6 interior and body panels/get it painted.

HM is the ONLY person that has completed a V8 swap, properly done too, in all the years I have been a member here, and I used to have a 2002 V6 so I spent most of my time in the V6 section.

Never worth the money to swap, insurance can deny claims unless you tell them you put the 8 in it, you'll have a hard time if ever selling, etc...

Swap the V6 body parts to the GT. Only logical swap.

Reactions: heavy metal

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I think i am either going to put the v6 parts on or sell the v6 and buy the rest. we will see! Thanks again!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts