Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm the 2000 v6, and i have NO idea what a gt-r is. anyways, i was asked by a red gt-r to race.. a guy told me that he had beaten a TT supra, but i call bs on that one. anyways, on to the racing.

race 1: downhill race from a light. pulled on him through second, then missed 3rd =/ lost.

race 2: flat from a light. pulled on him through second, then hit 3rd and he FLIES by me. i mean doesn't barely go by me.. he's gone. i shutdown at 80 when he was pulling hard, so i'm guessing he started pulling at 70 or 75.

talked to him afterwards. he has some sort of cai where the air filter is in the fender, what's up with that? (what kind is it? advantages?) he has side exhaust.. and he's runnin on 18's w/ the body kit (i guess it's all the GT-R thing?) he had a switch for his bottle, but before we raced he showed me where the bottle is supposed to be, so i'm assuming he wasn't bottle fed when we raced.

one thing he said was "anyone can beat me from 1st and 2nd, but when i hit 3rd it's over, you have to have a v8 to run w/ me"

first of all, i wanted to gig him. second of all, i just thought of another bit of his ignorance: he said the guy had done something so 1st tached at 4,000. if i'm not mistaken, all stangs do this? (v6 at least)

anyways, WHY did i lose to this thing after 1st and 2nd, and what is a GT-R?!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
There was never a GT-R made, that's nothing more than ricer boy badging, and definitely never a GT with a V6. They made some turbo 4 cylinder GT's in the early 80's but every other GT has always been a V8. The intake is nothing more than a CAI. It's good for a maybe 10 HP TOPS. Who knows what else he's done to the car. Sounds like you got hustled to me.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Sounds to me like he hit the juice on you. BTW my CAI has the filter in the fender, it makes a nice whoosh sound.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dollarbill said:
Sounds to me like he hit the juice on you. BTW my CAI has the filter in the fender, it makes a nice whoosh sound.
i agree, i said the same thing in my car .. but a friend that was in the car said "but we would have heard it" .. how true is that?

what other mods would make him stomp me so bad after 1st and 2nd? it was sad because i thought i had him because through 1st and 2nd i was a good ways away .. and then seeing him shoot ahead.. it sucked :handball:

..truthfully other than nos i can't think of anything else it could possibly be...

·
Registered
9 Posts
its gotta be nos theres no other way unless he has a super...........but 3rd gear is usually the best time to nos it for short distance races in my opinion

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
There was never a GT-R made, that's nothing more than ricer boy badging, and definitely never a GT with a V6. They made some turbo 4 cylinder GT's in the early 80's but every other GT has always been a V8. The intake is nothing more than a CAI. It's good for a maybe 10 HP TOPS. Who knows what else he's done to the car. Sounds like you got hustled to me.
GT-Rs are commonly known as Nissan Skylines. The 2001 Mustang had a Cobra R.

What did the car look like?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
RogueMustang05 said:
its gotta be nos theres no other way unless he has a super...........but 3rd gear is usually the best time to nos it for short distance races in my opinion
Oh, it was a Mustang!

Gotta be N20, He has a bottle hidden.

That's why you never race for slips.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
RogueMustang05 said:
He wouldn't have been able to pull him in 1st or 2nd if he had a supercharger. Or a Turbo for that matter.

the only thing that will reel someone in like that is N2O

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kscoyote said:
Oh, it was a Mustang!

Gotta be N20, He has a bottle hidden.

That's why you never race for slips.
You know, I've always been iffy on NOS. And I guess it's okay.

BUT this guy opened his trunk and showed me where his bottle was .. said he had to get it filled up. So in other words he's saying we're racing n/a because he said he didn't have anything else. I feel so cheated, even if it wasn't for anything.

But on a positive note, had the race been close, I would have been SCREWED. When he started flying by me, I was already going 30 over, and if we had been close, I would have kept going. But luckily, miraculously, I slowed down in time for a hidden sheriff not to see me. I guess I should be thanking the NOS :handball:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if anyone was wondering, i found out today he sprayed on me--a 75 shot.

cheap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like he had his story down with an empty bottle site and the real bottle hidden somewhere else. Just someone else wanting to be something they are not.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Beyond said:
You know, I've always been iffy on NOS. And I guess it's okay.

BUT this guy opened his trunk and showed me where his bottle was .. said he had to get it filled up. So in other words he's saying we're racing n/a because he said he didn't have anything else. I feel so cheated, even if it wasn't for anything.

But on a positive note, had the race been close, I would have been SCREWED. When he started flying by me, I was already going 30 over, and if we had been close, I would have kept going. But luckily, miraculously, I slowed down in time for a hidden sheriff not to see me. I guess I should be thanking the NOS :handball:
figured it was N2O!

And that is why you should never race for pinkslips!!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Beyond said:
i agree, i said the same thing in my car .. but a friend that was in the car said "but we would have heard it" .. how true is that?

what other mods would make him stomp me so bad after 1st and 2nd? it was sad because i thought i had him because through 1st and 2nd i was a good ways away .. and then seeing him shoot ahead.. it sucked :handball:

..truthfully other than nos i can't think of anything else it could possibly be...
Can some of you guys stop calling it "NOS". NOS is a brand name for Nitrous Oxide or N20. Unless you know this guy was using NOS(which you don't), please refer to it as N20 or nitrous. Let's not use Fast and the Furious as a knowledge reference.:gringreen

PS Don't mean to preach or anything, just don't want a fellow mustang owner to get chewed out by any1 else by confusion in those terms :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.