Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k my mom rolled her 01 explorer 5.0 it still ran great........i pulled off the body and put a 1977 f150 cab on it i kept EVERYTHING for the engine electrical, i cant get it to start, i turn on the key the fuel pump kicks on for a split second, i hooked a test light up to it and turned the key on and it just blinked once, so i hooked the pump direct still wont start, so i poured gas in the intake and it started so i have fire, and obviously the injectors arent doing anything or it wouldve started when i hooked up th pump direct, what is my problem??????? and yes i am using the steering column from the explorer

·
Registered
831 Posts
Do you have any fuel pressure at the fuel rail? How about the ground for the pump? If you have a bad ground, it could run for a second and then stop.

When you are cranking, the pump should be getting juice, and it should be running. Do you have a wiring diagram for the Explorer? If not, get one since it is impossible to diagnose electrical issues without knowing what wire does what. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts