Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple of months my ABS light has been turning on and off while driving. Last weekend I took it to the dealership to get the code scanned and it did not find anything in the computer memory. The light will turn on after about five minutes of driving and stay on for about ten minutes then turn back off. Sometimes it will come on as soon as I start my car and turn off after driving a while. Any thoughts as to what could be setting off the code?

·
Registered
304 Posts
the dealership should have known that they would need to drive the car with the scan tool and when the light came on they scan it and see what code was set.. its called basic diagnosis! haha sorry.. thats definitely where to start though.. you need to see what code is turning on that light.

if you go back to the dealer (or a different shop) be sure to tell them that the light goes on and off so they know that if it's off they should drive it around until it comes on so they can begin their diagnosis..

as a mechanic, i've seen a number of times where a customer would come in with a certain complaint, we'd go for a ride and the noise (for example) wouldnt be there or the light wouldnt come on.. i would tell them to either bring it back when it was or to leave it with me and i would drive it and try to reproduce to noise.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I tryed to drive it around to get it to turn back on for him, of course the damn thing wouldn't turn on when I want it to. Go figure....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts