Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this Saturday I will be taking my mustang up to the local drag strip. My car will be 100% stock. I have read that it will do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and a 13.9 1/4 mile. I do not believe that I could get close to that. I am fairly new to standard too. What should I be expecting to be around?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
170 Posts
Like Ski said, 14s and 15s. Take the rating of 13.9 with a grain of salt that time was figured in a "perfect world" haha. With you being new to a manual tranny that will throw you off too. I took my 99 gt to the strip every week this year and still haven't cracked the rating of 14.1 . If I were you go out and play around with your perfect shift points. Just research your can and see at what rpm your making the most power. I believe the Bullitt is DOHC right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have been reading to shift at like 5,600 rpms. I am just shooting for under 15s and I would be happy. I don't believe it is DOHC (I could be wrong). Thank you for the responses

·
Registered
653 Posts
i have been reading to shift at like 5,600 rpms. I am just shooting for under 15s and I would be happy. I don't believe it is DOHC (I could be wrong). Thank you for the responses
Racing is done on a track with varying conditions. You have to know your car. I just spent $600 on a CAI/tune and short throw shifter, I did not beat my best time with the old setup. I have a higher top speed a the end of the 1/4 but my 60' times were .2 slower and best shift points and launch RPM are not the same.

It's not easy with a car one does not know or if one makes changes.

On a 57 degree day with 50% humidity and 30.31 pressure if you have a perfect run you will do a 14.526591377460393 1/4
1/4 Mile ET Calculator

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well said, I spent easily $1000 this year on gears, cai, programmer, and Nitto tires and still haven't hit in the 13s though theoretically I should be there. It eats ya up sometimes but practice practice practice .

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a 2001 bullitt with less than 250 miles on it. First time at the track ran 13.90s so the 13.9 estimate is pretty close at about 100-102. Good luck

·
Registered
653 Posts
I had a 2001 bullitt with less than 250 miles on it. First time at the track ran 13.90s so the 13.9 estimate is pretty close at about 100-102. Good luck
What was your 60 foot time?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts