Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2001 mustang cobra from my brother who is in the military, the car has been non op for the last two years due to him being out of the country. I went to get the smog and it failed due to codes...but no check engine light. well it has a tuner and after i called him to tell him it failed he told me that he messed up and deleted the factory tune back up on the tuner. So now the only tune it has is the one on the tuner. so it wont pass...what are my options? I dont feel like spending hundreds on a new computer and dont want to even try to get it done illegally because i dont feel like getting in trouble for something so stupid. i just need the car to go back and fourth to work/play cause i sold my truck to buy this car cause i love it and dont want anyone else to own it lol. please help :/

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do you actually have access to the tuner? You could try to get a stock tune from someone else. Not sure if that would work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i still have the tuner. But aren't all tuners only use for 1 computer? And once you use it you cannot use it on another car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts