Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed in line filter no help, hooked up obd II and got P1237 error do you think fuel pump is bad? Before I go through the hassle of dropping the tank?

First Message: I just got my 01 Cobra out from it's winter sleep, hosed it off, and let the wife take it (first mistake). It ran fine for 20 minutes and the began to stumble, it died and was pushed about 10 houses home (made her push). It will start sometimes and run real rough and won't hold an idle, and then die and sometimes it won't start at all. Any thoughts on a possible solution. Thanks in advance

lford01cobra

·
Registered
139 Posts
Changed in line filter no help, hooked up obd II and got P1237 error do you think fuel pump is bad? Before I go through the hassle of dropping the tank?

First Message: I just got my 01 Cobra out from it's winter sleep, hosed it off, and let the wife take it (first mistake). It ran fine for 20 minutes and the began to stumble, it died and was pushed about 10 houses home (made her push). It will start sometimes and run real rough and won't hold an idle, and then die and sometimes it won't start at all. Any thoughts on a possible solution. Thanks in advance

lford01cobra
Bad gas.....
Drain the tank....

If this were a lawn mower I would suggest a load of Stabil but I do not know how fuel injectors will deal with it so don't do it unless someone else knows for sure.

You can also try Dry Gas which is relatively safe and will absorb water but chances are the chemical composition of the fuel has changed and it just does not combust well. Stabil helps prevent that from happening.

How much gas in the tank?

If real low, I would dump 2 bottle of Dry Gas, creep, and I mean CREEP to the nearest station and top off with best gas you can buy.
That will dilute the bad stuff.

Drive the car VERY CAREFULLY for the next two tanks or so, and DO NOT run it down low because all the crap tends to collect at the bottom.

If the tank is 1/2 or more full, you might try a bulb type siphon (NO DRILL PUMPS!!!!) and see if you can snake it in their and get most of the bad stuff out.
Problem then is what do you do with it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have said that I am getting no presure on the fuel rail and before I changed the filter I tried to get the fuel pump to turn on by turning the engine over no fuel came out

·
Super Moderator
40,073 Posts
check the fuel pump fuse and relay first,if they are good,then you have a bad fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.