Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

I have read several great posts about power windows but none of them really addressed my problem.

My passenger side window started to give up the ghost a while back. First it would only go down when you repeatedly mashed the button. Then it started to only go back up when repeatedly mashing the button.

Now it is just stuck about 3 inches above the door frame.

I tried the proven method of whacking the crap out of the lower part of the door to see if the armature was sticking but that did not do anything.

I have read in a couple of places I should be able to manually pull the window up or push it the rest of the way down but I am having no luck with that either.

I have been trying to remove the motor itself but with the window stuck where it is I do not have clearence to get in there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
298 Posts
sounds to me like you have some problem with the arms... like you said, whacking the door usually takes care of it temporarily, maybe some WD-40... if it won't go up or down with force, i'd say that's what it is, since i would think you could force it if it were just the motor itself... when you press the button do you hear the relay clicking? do you see your interior gauge lights dim?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply :)

I did finally get it working. It was a loose wire going into the motor. As I was slamming my head against the panel in frustration the window went up. (I had re-connected the battery to mess around with the switch) I was able to get my hand in there then and get to the motor.

All is now well.

Now on to the suspension :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.