Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened several months ago and again this weekend. If I am driving, it may just jerk for no reason or it may just shut off for less than a second (or just long enough to pump the gas pedal a couple times) and it kicks right back to normal. If i am coming to a stop with the clutch in it will die, but turn the key and it starts right up and runs great. This does not happen every time I push in the clutch when it's acting up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Idle air control valve could be sticking closed. One way to tell if it gets stuck it at idle turn the A/C on, if the RPM's don't kick up or the motor stumbles and dies the IAC is sticking.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another thing to check it you PCV valve. I had a somewhat similar problem, not exactly as you describe, but its cheap and easy fix. So give it a shot if youre stumped.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the imput. It's just like turning the key off, just for a second.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depends where you get smoged.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
he can't run the K&N breathers in Cali, it won't pass the visual portion of the SMOG test.
There's an Easy remedy to that, the day of the inspection re-attach the PCV setup, it takes less than 30 seconds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where did you get the k&n's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.