Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than that the motor is running fine.Where do I start looking for this problem :headscratch:

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Other than that the motor is running fine.Where do I start looking for this problem :headscratch:
Head Gasket. Check the oil itself and see if it is a milky color. Unless it is a red color and you have an automatic trans, could be the transfluid. Then I would say it leans towards the radiator itself.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Head Gasket would be the most likely culprit given the symptoms.

Easiest way to verify would be a compression and leakdown test.

·
Registered
603 Posts
yeah i agree mixture in the oil check the intake if not its the headgaskets!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,now iv'e just gotta find a shop i can trust ! Is there any easy horsepower mods i should be looking at while iv'e got the heads off?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Yup, head gasket, cracked head, cracked block. You'll need to do a compression and leakdown test to be sure, but the heads are likely gonna have to come off. There are plenty of mods you can do at that point, like porting the heads, better cams and springs, etc. No idea what state new castle is in, so I can't help much with a shop, but they do make a good beer in the british city! Best bet is to see what the cause of the problem is before you decide on any mods, the repairs aren't going to be cheap, but it is a good time to do some research about heads and cams so when you do know exactly what needs to be fixed you can have good info to make your decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.