Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
will make this brief as possible. when changing drivers side tailights . if you jar or otherwise tap anything on the housing or the bolts in the trunk to get housing loose to change lamps you canset off the switch . i did ,didnt even know the car had one , took rest of day to figure it out but saved me a tow to the garage and possibly getting torn a new one . so if you change bulbs and your car wont run PRESS THE RED BUTTON near the housing

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
oh yeah, the safety cutoff switch. I can see it giving people a problem if they didn't now about it. Atleast you found it before towing it and stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HAVE A 2001 MUSTANG V6...RAN OUT OF GAS. NOT THE FIRST TIME. NORMALLY IT STARTS RIGHT UP. THE BATTERY DIED SO i BOUGHT A NEW ONE. ITS FIRING WHEN i CRANK IT BUT JUST WON'T START. THE FUEL PUMP IS WORKING FINE. DO YOU THINK ITS THE FUEL FILTER?

·
Registered
194 Posts
how do you know the fuel pump is fine? you may have killed it when you ran out of gas, the fuel pump uses the fuel to keep it cool and lubricated, if you try to run it without gas or crank it with no fuel they can be destroyed. make sure there is fuel pressure at the fuel rail. if there is check for spark, maybe the coils were over worked during cranking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
speaking of fuel pumps, my engine keeps cutting out on me, the filter looks fine so i think its the pump.......does anybody have a reccommendation of a brand of fuel pump, for a supercharged 2002 Mustang GT?????

help is much appreciated....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.