Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is there a 2001 GT-R? I just bought a mustang with GT-R badging on the sides. The dealer assured me that it was a real GT-R. I really have my doubts but it was explained that it was an option package for 2001. Is this true or was this a typical sales pitch. I couldn't argue because I didn't really know and I couldn't find any info on the internet on GT-R's for 2001. :?:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
nope, some ricer boy had it and was trying to makie out to be more than it is. might wanna check under the hood and make sure there's a V8 in there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gt-r

I don't want some phony GT-R badges on a non GT-R. Do you know where I can get some origional GT ones??

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
there are many places to get original badges. All ya gotta do is pick up a copy of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords or 5.0 magazine and flip through a few pages and you can find any badge you've ever wanted.

·
Registered
353 Posts
yankcollector said:
Is is there a 2001 GT-R? I just bought a mustang with GT-R badging on the sides. The dealer assured me that it was a real GT-R.
You just paid good money for a car you never heard of? Did the dealer assure you in writing that this mutant vehicle is a factory machine?

Sounds like scam city. How much extra did you pay for that badging?

·
Registered
383 Posts
The "R" stands for Ricer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.