Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 mustang and I bought a hood scoop for it, and have it painted already. But I need some tips and help on ideas of how to install it. Here is the info from the site I got it from.

"High quality UNIVERSAL fittting solid core urethane Hoodscoop. Mounts with with 3m tape and stainless mounting srews that are included with installation instructions & paper install mouting template. These scoops can either be attached using the 3m tape or both stainless screws & 3m tape.

Scoop Kit Consist of:

- Hood Scoop
- Paper mounting template
- 6 stainless optional Mounting Screws
- Factory grade 3M tape, that attaches to the recessed underside of scoop.
- Black grill insert for opening of scoop. "

We thought about using the screws but we can't figure out how we would be able to drill up through the hood and into the hood scoop, because there are no pre drilled holes on the hood scoop.
Any tips or advice for installation is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
any way you could mark the screw holes on the top of the hood? maybe rub some chalk on the holes in the scoop, position the scoop on the hood and drill where the chalk marks are? or can you remove the honey comb grille on the scoop and reach your hand in to mark the holes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the reply...it ended up working out because the guy we took it to for some of my bidy work just decided to put it on and save us the hassle. It was a nice surprise haha. Thanks for the ideas and feedback though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.