Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the percentages of intakes that cracked, mine has not but it is going to?

·
Registered
604 Posts
jjandascog said:
Does anybody know the percentages of intakes that cracked, mine has not but it is going to?
There's an old saying that I love to use...

"Don't **** with it if it isn't broken" :winks

·
Registered
34 Posts
jjandascog said:
As far as i know, its pretty random and not specified to a year or anything like that. Basically we all have to wait and see what happens with our "hi-tech" plastic intakes!!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Only the 96-98 model years crack. The 99+ have an aluminum water crossover to solve the cracking problem.

M

·
0 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
Only the 96-98 model years crack. The 99+ have an aluminum water crossover to solve the cracking problem.

Incorrect:) The 99-00 have plastic PI intakes and halfway through the 01 model year they switched to the aluminum crossover. I have an early 01 PI intake which has a plastic crossover. Yes they can crack, but the PI plastic ones seem to have less failure rate. I dont hear as much of them cracking as i did the 96-98 NPI ones. My NPI hadnt cracked when it was pulled off at 60k but i got lucky i guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.