Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my seatbelt, however the seatbelt has begun chiming today. and will not stop every 30 seconds or so (for the first couple of minutes driving. Chilton and Hanes - useless books for this. I thought the web would have something on this, but I only see info to disable an already working seatbelt minder. The car is back from $1600 worth of non-related repairs (waterpump, flush, ignition coil replacement and related) as of last night. It is coincidental that this has just occurred, so I am wondering if the wire somewhere along the way was disconnected (most plausible, possibly for additional return service?). Is there any information out there where I can validate the wire connection (where does it come out by the dashboard, etc) Unfortunately there is no information on this wiring harness on the web. I cannot take off another day for this new third issue in 3 days! Seperately, I see the wire for the drivers side belt latch, but I see no wires for the passenger side. How does it monitor the passenger belt?

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
It doesn't monitor the passengers' side belt. It only monitors yours. The harness is part of the rear electrical system.

You can bypass the warning light, but it was a crazy chain of events to do. Anybody have a 2000+ manual handy? Mine is at the shop. It tells you how to do it........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I know there is a disable feature, but that requires the sytem getting a series of click/ unclicking of the belt, which my car will not registrer b/c of the disconnect in the circuit. I am hoping to just have the issue corrected and I am sure it is just a loose connection somewhere. I currently have it scheduled for service next week for this issue, but that is a major pain b/c I need the car and am frustrated with multiple trips that result from an initial service visit. If they do not fess up that it is b/c of there service previous service from this week, this issue will end up costing $$$ for a simple circuit issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.