Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 3.8 L coupe the window was having previous failures where it would go down but not up. I found that if i pressed the button very hard it would go up, but now it doesn't do that even when I hit the switch when outside the door. Could someone please tell me if they had this problem and what was the fix? Also does anyone know what wires i have to connect to bypass the switch and jump it manually to ensure that the motor is still good. When I press the down button I hear the relay engage so I don't think that is the problem. Please help it is going to rain in about 1 hour

·
Registered
126 Posts
it sounds like ur motor is dying...there a lil spendy to replace. if u wanna go cheap go to a junk yard and buy one from there. or if u don't have a enough money right now u gotta manually get ur window up and unplug it from the motor so then it won't go up or down...ive had to do this in both my mom's buick and brother's buick haha.

·
Registered
556 Posts
i just had that problem exactly, and just got it fixed on friday, they said it was the wiring

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
dude, it's the switch..

·
Registered
126 Posts
ooo...ya i guess i shouldn't post at 1 in the morning when im about to fall asleep. i never thought of it being the switch sorry. it sounded just like wat i encourtered tho.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
my post wasnt directed at any of you guys, just the OP.

anytime you press really hard on the switch or wiggle it back and forth and it starts working, 99% of the time the switch is the culprit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does the same but its not the switch its getting power to the connector the up function
But when I test the other terminal to the down function. I get nothing all fuses are good new window
Motor. And switch is good. I'm all out of ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts