Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there I’m new to the forum but I currently own a 2001 Mustang v6 and am looking to build it up to turbo it one day and just add overall horsepower I know getting a v8 would be cheaper but I got the mustang for 700$ bucks so it’s what I’m working with any plans or ideas would help on building this mustang up please! And thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
2,551 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The first thing I would do is get dual exhausts. Not sure how many horses it will add, but it is claimed that it will help your engine breathe better and increase horses. Next, get a safe tune and cold air intake for a extra few horses.

Finally, I would keep on top of scheduled maintenance, until I saved enough money for the Turbo. Start your research on brands of turbo, performance claims and a reputable shop to install it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first thing I would do is get dual exhausts. Not sure how many horses it will add, but it is claimed that it will help your engine breathe better and increase horses. Next, get a safe tune and cold air intake for a extra few horses.

Finally, I would keep on top of scheduled maintenance, until I saved enough money for the Turbo. Start your research on brands of turbo, performance claims and a reputable shop to install it.
Good luck.
Thank you for the advice ! Also do you know if I need to change any internals before I put a turbo on it after doing the first things you said ??

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Don't know about the internals. Others on the forum have experience with this, and should contribute as soon as they see your post. That is a question you want answered before you installed a turbo.

·
Super Moderator
2,551 Posts
@Allamerican307

I recommend you do some research and locate a reputable Mustang Performance shop for advice on this. If they can’t give you detailed answers and advice, or if they haven’t installed a few of these kits, move on to the next.

You may have to travel a ways to find a shop, so budget that into your install plans as well if it comes down to it.

Reactions: huberoy123
1 - 6 of 6 Posts