Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2001 Bullitt back in September of '07 and have started thinking about doing some small modifications to the car just to give it a little bit more "get up and go". So far the only modifications to it were doing before I purchased the car and as I know of it consists of a drop in K&N Filter, and some sort of a Flowmaster exhaust. My coworker has a 2001 Mustang GT that has an aftermarket exhaust although he is not sure what type it is, his sounds extremely aggressive and was wondering if anyone could suggest an exhaust setup that would give me a more aggressive/loud sound from it. Also what other minor modifications could i do to give this car a little more power?

One exhaust I have heard about is the SLP Loudmouth, would this give me a good sound and what other parts would i need to get, also if i were to get this do i need a special one because i have the bullitt or would a regular GT one work for me?

Thanks,
Bullitt #04534
Jacob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bullitt Exhaust

I have a 2001 Bullitt and I love it. I have BBK off road X-pipes with flowmaster mufflers and 3.5" tips. It sounds awesome. It is very loud and sounds aggressive. If you go with off road pipes you will need some mil elimators to turn the check engine light off. Next, I am planning to put a cold air intake in it. I will warn you with the parts for this particular car. It has a mix of GT and Cobra parts. The intake, brakes, and a few other things are not from the stock GT.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Well the stock Bullitt catback sounds really good with an o/r H, but if thats long gone I like Magnaflow stuff. Besides the exhaust gears, and a shifter should be on top of your list. I want to get gears, Mac o/r H, and handheld tuner from bamachips, and I will be done.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Those slp's will give ya a nice, loud sound. Then add a mid pipe to it and it'll have the pissed off, aggressive sound you were talking about. After exhaust do gears before anything else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would be a good midpipe, im not sure about the performance or sound differences between H and X pipes also I do not know if I would want off road pipes or not, is there a specific brand you guys would recommend?

·
Registered
23 Posts
X pipes

The car came stock with an H pipe. The X pipe has less air flow restriction. The X pipe is louder and is suppose to give you more horsepower. I think BBK offroad X pipes rating was 12-25 more hp. My personal preference is BBK off road X pipes. They are loud and have a deep sound. Do you want to keep the catalyic converters are do away with them? I am not sure about the other X pipes but the ones I put on took the cats off and I could tell a big difference in the sound. It also made a small difference in the horsepower.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Any aftermarket midpipe will increase sound. They use high flow cats on the catted ones. I prefer no cats because the sound is much greater, and we don't have emmision testing here. And yes the stock midpipe is an H design with 4 cats, while an aftermarket catted H has 2 cats.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Ya might wanna check out SLP while your lookin at their parts. I love my Bassani x pipe though, kinda pricy but high quality, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok since i have aftermarket catback flowmasters i was thinking that maybe instead of getting the slp's right away and the x pipe i could try the x-pipe with the flow masters first since just adding the x pipe would increase the sound. My question is does installing an x pipe require any welding or is it all bolt on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, if i was interested in getting a bassani x pipe is there any place you would recommend getting it from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.