Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Mustang Bullitt. What would be the best bolt-on parts? I have put my car up for the winter and would like to add some power. I plan on installing gears. So any suggestions? I want the best bang for my buck. Thank you for the responses.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Do gears and tuner (highly reccomend 4.10's, but dig through the gear threads here and do your own homework), subframe connectors, good lca's, a short throw shifter, and an o/r h or x pipe. Do that stuff and your car will be quite noticeably stronger and quicker.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do the tuner, 4.10 gears, CAI, accufab single blade oval throttle body. If your going with headers, do long tube beacuase short tubes dont make a difference in power.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Gears, tuner, subframe connectors, upper and lower control arms, good tires.

It really depends on what you want to do with the car, if you just want to drive it around or if you want to lower your times in the quarter mile. A lot of people say simple bolt ons aren't worth the money. (CAI, Throttle body, pulleys...unless you supercharge it)

·
Registered
653 Posts
They certainly did.

PDM Designers

·
Registered
437 Posts
The Accufab single blade throttle body will be a waste of money if you're looking at bang for your buck. Do gears, long tube headers w/ full exhaust, short throw shifter and a tuner to start off with. Best way you're going to make some decent power out of that thing will be with cams and head work but that's looking at some $$$.

·
Registered
544 Posts
What lonestar said!

FYI, the subframe connectors are the bolt on from the convertible. Any of the aftermarket are tons better.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I didn't even realize this thread was brought back from the dead lol. Information for future people to not search for first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts