Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a PA system for my 01 Cobra. Ive mounted and installed everything but cant figure out how to run the power off of the ignition. I really dont want to run off the battery considering that would require a toggle switch inside to turn it off and on.

The wireing diagram shows 2 ways of connecting it and the first is with a toggle the second is says ignition power. I understand this is to only turn on the pa when the key is in the On position or when running.

Where can I tap into this without going through my dashboard or connecting it to a secondary unit (like wiper blades which somebody recommended) so I dont draw power off of them?

Im not terrible with cars but after the mechanical stuff Im lost. Wiring is not my thing.

The pa has a single 12v power line with an in-line fuse and a ground. What can I easily (terribly simple place) connect this line to to get the ignition power?

Edit!!! Just realized Im in the 5.0 thread. Sorry about wrong forum...was reading somebody elses post when I did this.

· Registered
139 Posts
How much power is the power amp, what are you running(probibly subs), and where are you installing the said amp? All you need is a switched power source. Look for power when you turn the key on at the fuse panel, then once you find the source, hook your 12V switched from the amp to the source. I'd run it off the switch ignition source off the radio. They'll both come on when you turn the key on. Make sure you have a good ground and that you keep the ground as short as possible. This eleminates popping when the amp turns on. Hope this helps bro.:bigthumbsup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.