Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
every time i close my doors my window doesnt close all the way. its like it gets stuck on the convertible top. would a new top fix this problem? or how do i fix it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Top/window issues

Has the window been adjusted lately, or did it always stick on the top? Over the years I've seen a few that just barely didn't clear the edge of the top or got stuck and the glass had to be 'bumped' down a hair; the newer Mustangs started using a system that lowered the windows slightly when you pulled the door handle to open the door, then raised the glass when the door shut again:yelwacko:. Anyone else run across a cure?
Dave

·
Registered
625 Posts
Mine does the same thing but it is hitting the retainer bracket and the parts are on order to fix it. just close your door slow and see if it hits anything. If it doesn't then it probably just needs to be adjusted. If it does hit something you can push on the window to get it to clear so it will close and seal

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I just checked mine and its from 99 and no issues when it comes to that.

·
Registered
625 Posts
what are you ordering to fix the problem?
My problem is my weatherstripping retainer got bent somehow from the previous owner and they were to cheap to fix it. It is bent just enough to catch the window when i try to close the door. After i get that fixed im taking it to get it adjusted and should be good to go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my window is getting caught by a piece of metal in the convertible top. does that sound like the same problem for you?

·
Registered
625 Posts
my window is getting caught by a piece of metal in the convertible top. does that sound like the same problem for you?
yes, That is the weather strip retainer and its what my problem is. Two things on that. 1 would be you just need to have the top adjusted becuase there is an adjustment screw there or 2 which is my case the retainer is bent so not amount of adjustment will help and has to be replaced to make it right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the people that had my car last let it tear up the top so it needs to be replaced. so i am going to replace it and make sure to never let it get bent again.
thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sounds like your window has come loose from the regulator, common problem for 99-04 mustangs. Check to see if the window is loose and if it is re glue it to the regulator.

·
Registered
491 Posts
There are not any adjustment screws but there are two stops that adjust how far up the window can close, but there adjustment is just 1/8".
Take the door panel off and look at were the rear of the glass sets in the regulator, then pull up a little on the rear of the glass and match to see if it slips out of the regulator. If it does then that is the problem, the glass is loose and it lets the wondow sit to high on the roof line to the window gets caught on the roof.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the help people. but i was wondering if they make that system that the newer mustangs have on them for the older years of the mustangs? the system that rolls the window down a little bit when the door is open.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Loose Window river side converible top

My window was hitting the top also, then the window would not go all the way down, had to put my hand on it to push down... took door panel off which is real simple, rear of glass had come loose from regulator, the rivet had become loose and the front window slide guide had fallen off laying at the bottom of door....drill out rivet, replaced w/1/4" bolt and self locking nut....re-siliconed and later found out that I should have use a window ashesive, will do that when window slips out again...I am still baffeled about how to set the window height...it shows two bolts..one that helps the window stay steady int door when closing and the other other :?:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Loose Window driver side converible top

My window was hitting the top also, then the window would not go all the way down, had to put my hand on it to push down... took door panel off which is real simple, rear of glass had come loose from regulator, the rivet had become loose and the front window slide guide had fallen off laying at the bottom of door....drill out rivet, replaced w/1/4" bolt and self locking nut....re-siliconed and later found out that I should have use a window ashesive, will do that when window slips out again...I am still baffeled about how to set the window height...it shows two bolts..one that helps the window stay steady inside the door when closing and the other :?:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts