Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I hope you guys don't laugh at my question because it seems that everyone is so sophisticated here.

I have a 2001 Mustang V6 3.8L, and I'm trying to replace the serpentine fan belt. Could you please tell me if some special tools are required, if there is a belt tentioner, what is the procedure to reduce the tension so I'll be able to change the belt easier. If at all possible, could you please include a link for the tool, if the tool is necessary.

Thank you very much in advance!!!!:shiny:

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
The belt tensioner is the pulley located by your AC compressor. I believe it is a 15 or 16mm bolt.(depends on car) Just get a wrench on the bolt, and push down on it to relieve the belt pressure. Then just take the belt off. Same way to put it back on.....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The belt tensioner is the pulley located by your AC compressor. I believe it is a 15 or 16mm bolt.(depends on car) Just get a wrench on the bolt, and push down on it to relieve the belt pressure. Then just take the belt off. Same way to put it back on.....
18mm - I know, cuz I had to buy a special socket for it!! :shigrin But yeah, he's right about the process. :bigthumbsup

And for once, I get to correct Tom!!! :laugh: Sorry man, you're such an inspiration and fount of knowledge, that it tickles me to know the exact size where you had to guess. It's all in good fun. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.