Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about $700 (college Student budget) to spend this summer on my car ive been looking at the Typhoon intake manifolds. Also, i've heard different opinions about throttle body spacers.
Any comments or suggestions?

2001 GT 5 spd manual, K&N CAI, BBK pulley, 75mm TB and Plenum, 3.53 gears, Diablo Predator dyno tunned.

thanks guys

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Spend your money elsewhere, as your stock intake manifold does just fine where your at with mods. The only way you'll see a gain from after-market IM's is when you have stock ported heads and cams or a FI. If you you in fact plan on running nitrous then buy the IM, it can hold up better than stock. As far as spacers go, don't get them as they will net you close to nothing. Your plenum eliminates the need for a spacer:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Do you have stock exhaust? You should make yourself a sig so we know exactly what you have. I would buy an MGW shifter and a mid pipe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah...I have X pipes into Flows

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Just want to get a solid 300 at the wheels for now. I have been looking into a new cam so maybe i can do the cam and intake setup. What would be a good cam for an everyday driver?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The only way you are going to get 300 rwhp is to get ported heads, new cams, new springs, with long tubes and tune.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
^ Sounds good to me:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The only way you are going to get 300 rwhp is to get ported heads, new cams, new springs, with long tubes and tune.

+ 1 though it would be easier to get there with a power adder like nitrous or a supercharger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.