Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the ZEX nitrous kit, says its compatible for 75-125 shot. My Mustang doesnt have much work done to it. BBK cold air intake, Flowmaster Exhaust system, thats about it. Is it safe to run 125 shot on my car with just those things?

I dont want to mess anything up lol but im wanting to run the 125.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You need a tune

I would say that with anything over a 75 shot you will need a tune. I would buy programmer like the diablosport predator and take it to a speed shop to have a nitrous tune put in. I would not recommend a 125 shot with the factory tune.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
you will be fine with the proper safe guards in place. I think most will agree a 100 shot or less will require no tune just colder plugs and 93 octane. a 125 shot I would pull a little timing out along with colder plugs. anything bigger then that you need to start adding upgrades to your fuel system and consider a tune.

G

·
I would start-out wth the 75hp shot and make sure you run the right sparkplugs, if you have the factory paltinum plugs in there, get 'em out

·
Registered
49 Posts
now how long can i run a 100 shot on a 02 gt some guys tell me i will spray it 6 to 10 time befor it hurts my car are they right i have not put it in not sure if it is true

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I ran a 100 shot for a whole summer now have a vortech on the same engine. nitrous is safe when installed and used correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.