Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 01 gt n was down myrtle beach this past week for mustang week and it was a hot one i had a problem with the car when i went to run the auto cross event the car started spitting and sputters and wouldnt go over 4000 rpms was just under a quarter tank of gas so went to fill car up n it was fine the rest of the night. next day we went to darlington raceway which is about an hour an a half ride about an hour in it wouldnt let me rip on the car over 4000 rpms go to the track and sat for 3 hours and the ride back to hotel was fine and has been fine the rest of the week any idea seems like it cut fuel to me cause air fuel gauge maxed out lean when it did it

·
Registered
440 Posts
Was it real humid outside? Could have just been moisture in your tank from the humidity.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a similar incident with my 96 GT. It would miss only in hot weather and when the engine was at higher operating temp. It turned out to be fuel starved, the fuel filter was clogged. I changed it and that seemed to take care of the problem. You might want to give that a try first, they are around $20.

dp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts