Ford Mustang Forum banner

2001 Mustang GT vs. 2010 Camaro V6

17964 Views 42 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  soccerjohn
Alright, so i own a 2001 mustang gt, stock for now, and this other kid at my school owns a 2010 camaro V6 (304 hp, 274 tq). He told me his 6cyl camaro "is faster than any POS that i will ever own." Now im pretty sure he dosent know about my mustang so i was wondering how close of a race it would be. His car weighs a lot more, but is newer and has more hp, yet... my mustang is a lot lighter and has more torque. both are automatic by the way.

so what do you think the outcome would be... cocky 6cyl owner, or V8 FTW?

(and im probably gonna get some flowmaster mufflers and K&N CAI soon, not that that will really affect this too much)
See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Well not to sure who would win but I do think it may be a good race.
To me, that one sounds like the most important factor will be the driver mod. :bigthumbsup
He has the hp and you got the torque,it will be close
the maro will win,reason,u got a 4 spd right?he has a 6spd auto.he may weigh more,but its not more than probaly 200 pounds,if that.depends how long the race is too,itll be close at first probaly,but im sure he will pull away from you on the long run.
wow not sure but ull get him for a short race(i think),this is really going to be the driver modd. good luck on the race and let u know wat happend:bigthumbsup:winks
they aren't as fast as people think, i don't think you will have any problems...
hand it to him.
make him run back to his dad that probably bought it for him
He doesn't have that much more horsepower then you do to be honest Im just throwing out a number but Im guessing he has around 250 to the wheels you probably have about 200-210 to wheels but his car weighs a lot more then yours does. Im pretty sure you are going to be able to beat him and if you buy my K&N cai that will free up some horsepower and flowmasters will scare him and maybe he wont even want to race you after you get those installed haha.
See less See more
man kill him just buy some nos and bet him like 500$ to fund ur next mods
If you're stock, it'll be a good race, but its yours to lose, that V6 only runs mid 14's. I had a friend recently talk talk talk about how his V6 would spank me, I finally had enough and ran him. By 40mph I shut it down, it was a joke not a race. My car is definitely not stock though, but I have serious traction problems.
See less See more
He has the hp and you got the torque,it will be close

+1

I think every right-minded 99-04 GT owner lets admit it has had a street race experience with the G35 coupes lol.

And lets recall wat happened brothers... they have 20 more HP than us but we have like 32+ ft lbs of torque on them and WE ALWAYS SMOKE EM or AT LEAST I HAVE ALWAYS SMOKED G35 COUPES LOL.

Dont worry bro you'll be fine look at the quote in my sig and listen to the legend carroll shelby himself.

"Horsepower sells cars torque wins races."

- Carroll Shelby

Trust me the legend's statement holds true for me in races ALL the time!:bigthumbsup
See less See more
He weighs like 500 lbs more than you, I bet you could beat him.
yeah man but if you do bet him money because he's talking crap about your car and talking up his v6 24/7, and beat him, he won't pay up because he'll feel like a complete tool! (personal experience with an eclipse owner)

get the flows and intake and it'll add some insurance to the run. you might get him, but from what i hear the auto transmission lags a little? just get the jump haha
See less See more
Don't let the numbers fool you, the V6 Camaros are turds. Mid to high 14 second cars, I've even seen a few in the 15's at the track. If you can drive, it's not even a race.
I agree that the V6 maro isnt as fast as they were all made up to be before they even hit the street. You should be able to beat him, not by too much though, so you should be on your game.
imo the best solution here is to ignore him, a racing a near stock mustang gt 2001 auto vs a v6 camaro auto is pointless..and shouldn't even be considered a race at all all your going to do is endanger peoples lives and put unnecessary stress on your car. imo put all this effort into getting some rear gears and a tune and forget about this guy because he obviously has no idea about cars and racing if he buys a 2010 v6 camaro..i know its annoying hearing some guy whine about how good his car is but hes probably just young and thinks his car is the fastest thing on the road like anyone at that age..this is not a flame its just my advice to you..
See less See more
also the statement "is faster then an pos you will own" is proof this guy is a waste of everyone's time, the truth is this guy sounds like a real **** and will eventually learn his lesson down the road..just dont put your drivers license or other peoples lives on the line trying to teach someone who will probably burn himself out anyway in the near future.. sry double post.
See less See more
money is overated make him put a i love mustangs sticker on his rear window for a month....thats way better
+1

I think every right-minded 99-04 GT owner lets admit it has had a street race experience with the G35 coupes lol.

And lets recall wat happened brothers... they have 20 more HP than us but we have like 32+ ft lbs of torque on them and WE ALWAYS SMOKE EM or AT LEAST I HAVE ALWAYS SMOKED G35 COUPES LOL.

Dont worry bro you'll be fine look at the quote in my sig and listen to the legend carroll shelby himself.

"Horsepower sells cars torque wins races."

- Carroll Shelby

Trust me the legend's statement holds true for me in races ALL the time!:bigthumbsup
I'm not sure what you are smokin', but it ain't no g35 coupe unless your grandmother was driving, your GT ain't pulling no 5.0- 5.4 ish 0-60, I know you are talkin smack because I have an m45 and I routinely stomp late model mustang GTs...and don't even try to race a G37, I'm not big ricer fan, but the facts are the facts...
this is from zerotosixty.com
2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan 0-60 mph 6.1 Quarter mile 14.6
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 0-60 mph 5.4 Quarter mile 14.0
2003 Infiniti G35 0-60 mph 6.1 Quarter mile 14.5
2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan 0-60 mph 6.1 Quarter mile 14.4
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport (Manual) 0-60 mph 5.0 Quarter mile 13.5
2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 0-60 mph 5.4 Quarter mile 13.9
2008 Infiniti G35xS 0-60 mph 5.3 Quarter mile 14.0
2008 Infiniti G37 Sport Coupe 0-60 mph 5.2 Quarter mile 13.7
See less See more
I'm not sure what you are smokin', but it ain't no g35 coupe unless your grandmother was driving, your GT ain't pulling no 5.0- 5.4 ish 0-60, I know you are talkin smack because I have an m45 and I routinely stomp late model mustang GTs...and don't even try to race a G37, I'm not big ricer fan, but the facts are the facts...
this is from zerotosixty.com
2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan 0-60 mph 6.1 Quarter mile 14.6
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 0-60 mph 5.4 Quarter mile 14.0
2003 Infiniti G35 0-60 mph 6.1 Quarter mile 14.5
2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan 0-60 mph 6.1 Quarter mile 14.4
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport (Manual) 0-60 mph 5.0 Quarter mile 13.5
2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 0-60 mph 5.4 Quarter mile 13.9
2008 Infiniti G35xS 0-60 mph 5.3 Quarter mile 14.0
2008 Infiniti G37 Sport Coupe 0-60 mph 5.2 Quarter mile 13.7
From my experience working with Infinitis' a new edge GT wouldnt smoke an older G35, and the G wouldnt smoke the stang either, I say drivers race. However the 07+ G35 sedans do hit 13's and are a lot quicker than the previous years.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.