Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently installing a remote ignition switch (key fob) into my 2001 mustang 3.8L. Currently I am working with the ignition harness and cant figure out which wire is which. Can anyone provide me with a color code for the wires under the steering wheel?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Manual or automatic transmission? If manual, are you aware of the issues regarding the nuetral safety switch?

I can help with the wiring diagrams. PM.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Vehicle wiring diagrams
just go to ford then mustang and your year 99-04. i thought the link would take you straight to 99-04 mustangs but it didnt. this helped me a lot when i was installing my remote start and keyless entry. good luck and remember take your time you dont want to rush and make a mistake with your connections. you may pm me as well :shigrin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the help, sorry i haven't been on in a couple days to reply(army ****) anyways got the system hooked up now i just have to figure out how to bypass the anti-theft. Its an automatic btw, cause you were asking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also

I am also deciding whether or not to put in a 4.8L mustang motor or go with the 289 5.0L, the only problem with the 5.0 is I need a 5.0k frame and i dont really know where to get one or what it really is. Anyremarks please respond so i can make up my mind. Tired of this 3.8L piece of junk.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Thanks for the help, sorry i haven't been on in a couple days to reply(army ****) anyways got the system hooked up now i just have to figure out how to bypass the anti-theft. Its an automatic btw, cause you were asking.
For the 99-04 MY Mustang there is no magic wire to cut and disable PATS. Most ppl have it disabled with a custom tune.

The low tech approach is the tape a valid key inside the steering column. Then a valid key is always near the PATS receiver at all times to be read.

There are some speciality remote start systems available that have the necessary circuits to "speak" PATS. Try google for remote start systems. However, many of the "cheaper" systems simply have a special spot to store the real PATS key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts