Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the top 10 or top 5 performance tips/modifications you would recommend. Should I chip it? Any chips you recommend? I already keep it tuned up, air filter clean stupid stuff like that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
check out the v6 bolt ons in the sticky above. alot depends on how far you want to go and what kind of expectations you have. im using a $80 cold air intake and a diablo sport predator tuner and have had pleasing results from that. theres also true duals which would be mainy for sound though some think there getting alot more hp. funny how you can equate hp to db`s. real hp would likely start with a complete top end job, ported heads and intake manifold/`s a cam and maybe roller rockers. that all could add you another 70hp at the rear wheels. and after all that your getting headers and a true dual because theres now actually a real benifit to the engines breathing. and so far were still under the cost of a blower or power adder/super charger. and probubly making hp at a level with all engine that you could with a sc/power adder.
other addons you could do would be rear end mods. gears and a posi or locker rear end. frame strengthening kits and braces for handeling and power control. wheels and tires.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi buttercatz,

We're not up to five yet on our 2003, but have done 1) K & N cold air intake, 2) Flowmaster Series 40 cat back dual exhausts, 3) intalled a GT rear body panel for the dual exhausts to exit properly, 4) SPEC Stage 2 clutch kit and steel flywheel and 5) Hurst short throw billet shifter - Hey that's five I guess! Next, some underdrive pulleys, then some cosmetic stuff - fog lights, new pedals, etc. So far, with the exception of the Hurst Shifter, we're pleased with the suttle performance increase, the sound, and the clutch which allows us to drive the vehicle more aggressively - the original clutch was disappointing and didn't make it to the 30,000 check with only about 10,000 miles of the after market mods on it. The shifter looks nice and feels nice, but is much noisier than the origina Ford shifter. Methinks it's about to go "bye-bye".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.