Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to this site, hope everyone is having a good day.

Q: I changed my t45 trans and now the car won't do nothing, also seening the anti-theft light on/off and turn the key on and all lights on dash do come on. Can anyone head me in the right direction. Starter is also newly install.

It's a 2001 Mustang GT 4.6 / V8 Automatic transmission T45

·
Registered
887 Posts
T45 isn't auto.....you probably didnt connect the neutral safety switch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Everything is connected an it's a 2001 - FORD - MUSTANG - V8-281 4.6L SOHC - Drive Train - Automatic Transmission, when I turn the key I get nothing. I heard of resetting the computer might be the thing in fixing this problem, when changing a transmission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reset vehicle ECM

Question, I need to know is there a way to reset ecm without taking it the shop? Computer needs to reconginze the new trans function. Reason why I can't start the vehicle. The car is in lock out mode.:?:

Thanks for the reply. Everything is connected an it's a 2001 - FORD - MUSTANG - V8-281 4.6L SOHC - Drive Train - Automatic Transmission, when I turn the key I get nothing. I heard of resetting the computer might be the thing in fixing this problem, when changing a transmission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured the old post thanks. But got another question. Car starts and gears move, but trans don't engage, Anyone has a clue why trans don't move. Fluids is in trans. It's something with the electric part. Could the rear wheels have something wrong with it That keeps it from turning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts