Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the stock output is for the S/C version? At most I am only getting 5 lbs and that seems low. I am doing an air filter and fuel filter today to see if that has any effect.

And also, does anyone have any issues with the belt slipping on the SC? If so what are the remedies. After a hard acceleration I can smell rubber, and its not the tires, all of the time. I am just wondering if they have a habit of slipping the belt under boost.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...tang-saleen-series-iv-blower-information.html

Here is a link to some Series IV information I have saved up there is a link in there for an idler that Scott Vanhoose sells. It is a must have for all Saleen Series I-V owners.

I have had mine close to 35,000 miles and have NEVER eatten a belt even with 9+# of boost. :bigthumbsup

The stock Eaton S/C version in 2001 made about 365 hp at the flywheel. 5# of boost after the intercooler is about right at around 3,000 rpms and then somewhere close to 5,000-6,000 it will build up and top out at 6-7# if the belt isn't slipping.

2001 Saleen S281 Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

With the Saleen powerflash tune, DO NOT upgrade any components other than the air filter or fuel pump.

A smaller pulley, fuel injectors, 90mm LMAF, etc will require a custom tune. Saleen runs their tune super rich at 10.9 AFR (or atleast they did on my Series IV powerflash, but the fuel pump runs out if you install a smaller pulley)

JDM engineering is awesome, their custom tune was mailed to me and is spot on. I have 35,000 miles on their 93 octane 9# custom tune and love it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Get an idler, and a pulley and you will see alot more boost!

Like Chip said, make sure you upgrade injectors or fuel pump to make up for the power! And you will need a re-tune on your computer!

Need any more help, just ask! Im seeing about 13/14psi through my blower :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When the injectors and fuel pump and that are changed does the computer have to go to saleen to get reprogrammed or can one of the aftermarket ones do the trick?

This car is bone stock with only 20,XXX miles so I don't want to do anything that shows that it has been messed with for show reasons.

Evil GT I see that you are from STL. I grew up around there on the Illinois side in Alton. I am a huge Cardinals fan and I am bummed that I wasn't there for the All-Star game. I have also missed all of the WS games.

But anyways thanks for the responses and I will have some pics soon so tell me what you think.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice, I know exactly where that is. Im located out in West County (25min West) of Downtown STL, in Chesterfield.

You could send it back to Saleen, make sure you tell them exactly your mods and they can fix her up for you. Or you can take it to a tuner and they can do it for you.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know what the max boost would be on a stock engine. Is there a place to find a stock looking smaller pulley?

I now have the pics up if you wanted to see them. The 89 I think is gonna end up the Fox body Cobra vert that Ford never made. I think that would be a cool project.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Max for a stock bottom end is about 10psi, anything higher and you're asking for it to let go.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You could send it back to Saleen, make sure you tell them exactly your mods and they can fix her up for you.

Or you can take it to a tuner and they can do it for you.

:bigthumbsup
Saleen WILL NOT retune their boost tune for mods. When I installed my Series IV kit, I bought other hop up parts for the system: 90mm LMAF, 75mm T/B and the 2.8" pulley. Saleen told me they would ONLY ship out the cookie cutter program for the stock kit due to liability reasons.

JDM engineering is who does the custom tuning for Saleen now. I have one of their mail order tunes and have no trouble in 35,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.