Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Bullitt GT with what I'm 95% sure is a bad throwout bearing. Instead of buying a whole new clutch kit like I know you're supposed to do.... I'm going to drop the transmission with the help of one of my friends and replace just the throwout bearing...the clutch was replaced before I bought it and the only thing I know about it is that its stage 2...I dont know what size flywheel or anything...I have a tremec T45 and I want to know if I can get away with the Ford Racing Performance Throwout Bearing (79-04 V8) thats on americanmuscle.com?

Thanks

·
Registered
942 Posts
One thing that you can do is order the ford TOB in hopes of just replacing that and then when you drop the transmission inspect everything to make sure it isnt wore but the best solution would just be to replace it all, pressure plate, clutch disk, pivot ball, pilot bearing and TOB.

·
Registered
245 Posts
One thing that you can do is order the ford TOB in hopes of just replacing that and then when you drop the transmission inspect everything to make sure it isnt wore but the best solution would just be to replace it all, pressure plate, clutch disk, pivot ball, pilot bearing and TOB.
I would even do the rear main seal while you're back there. like with mine at 165k, its a good idea. just to freshen things up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the transmission was swapped out before I got it, I called tremec with the tag # and they confirmed that it was a T45...will the ford racing part still fit?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea the thing is, I I wouldn't know what clutch kit or flywheel to get since I don't know exactly what is currently in there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts