Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a stock car. I recently started noticing that when giving gas from a sit still and when driving, if I "stomp" the gas pedal instead of the car and motor racing up normally it now slowly rises to it's racing high speed before I let off(not wanting to push it too much). But in regular driving situation there doesn't seem to be a problem. Also while trying to get on the highway behind this semi truck, I "stomped" the gas to get around it and it gave a big jerk but really didn't seem to pick up as quickly as normal. Does anyone have any answers as to why or how to fix this? What's a price range on fixing it? Can I do it myself or should I take it somewhere?

Oh and I use Seafoam regularly so I'm pretty sure it's not an fuel injector problem other than maybe a fuel filter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reiterating the post

When I say it's a stock car I'm talking factory stock and because this is still having to be a reliable piece of transportation the "stomping" I refer to is really more of just pushing pretty hard instead of "pedal to the metal" kind of thing. Enough to where it should gear down to fly by slow people or pain in the rear drivers. Haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem

Only reason I said anything about other things is because I started describing the situation to a couple more tech savvy friends and they asked questions thinking the "slow to pick up" problem was due to said things. I strongly think it's pure transmission problem though. I put those things to just clear it up. I checked the fluid and it seemed ok, level and color wise. The mileage is now sitting around 114,500 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.