Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, havn't posted on here in a while, and i don't believe i've ever posted in the tech threads. But i had to jump my car this morning and ever since i did my ABS light is on, and my traction control is off. I was messing around with fuses earlier because my dome light wont turn on whenever i open up my driver side door, and my light alarm thing whenever i leave my lights on doesn't come on either. Any idea on what went on there? And also, my door is sagging like no other,the bottom bolt came loose and now it wont shut. I think i bent the fender a little bit because when i tried shutting it the first time, the door bent the fender in from when it hit it. But, that wouldn't make the whole door not want to shut after tightening the bottom bolt, would it? I've had a pretty suck-ish day and my car has been nothing but problems today. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Did you make sure door was properly aligned before you tightened up the bolt? It's possible you tightened it while it was still out of wack if it is giving you problems

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure it wasn't since it's being a PITA, so i've been dukes of hazard-ing it untill i can fix it tomorrow. I'm still clueless about the ABS/ T/C

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yeah, my 2001 GT was starting to fall apart. I was the original owner and loved that car. A cracked intake manifold, two fuel pumps in 1 year, bearings on all 4 wheels starting to go, and various electrical problems (intermittent).

I saw the writing on the wall and sold it and purchased a new 2011 GT/CS. Figured if it only lasted half of the time the 2001 did, it would be doing good. Getting 11 years out of a car now a days is doing good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, don't get me wrong, i LOVE my car, i got one hell of a deal on it, but it wasn't cared for very well ( it was my brother's DD when he drove it, he drives a 97' cobra now). I just need to get everything fixed up on this car. I need to go out and get a job so i can fund all of this stuff though. It's rough trying to get a job at 16.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Abs and traction control are in one module, it is possible when you jumped car you blew it's fuse or possibly hurt the module

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll have to check all the fuses i guess.. it's kinda cramped where the fuse box is haha. But thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ABS light/ traction control = bad abs motor pack, abs wheel speed sensor, or wire. Have someone get you the abs failure code and go from there.

Light not comming on, on driver's side door = bad door switch, they are built into the latch assembly inside the door on these car's I ran into that with my 04 on the passenger side, the light wouldn't turn off when I'd close the door, when I'd attempt to lock the car with the keyless entry the horn would chirp twice indicating that a door was still open, but infact they were both closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts