Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2001 V6 Mustang with about 70,000 miles on it and an automatic transmission. I'm not a "car guy" but try to do repairs myself when I can and it seams reasonable I will do it successfully.

About a month ago I've noticed that shifting between Park, Reverse, Drive, etc is pretty slugish. When i put the car and reverse, travel for a little ways, stop, then put the car in drive, sometimes it acts as if it's sitting in neutral and won't go anywhere. I have to push the shifter all the way to park and then back to drive to get the thing to engage. Sometimes I have to do it several times for it to catch. I don't know if this matters but I've checked the transmission fluid (never been changed) and is still at the proper level.

I'm looking for some some advice about what is causing this and what to do about it. Thank you all in advance for any information you can provide.

Adam

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
have the fluid and filter changed then get back to us.. when fluid gets old it loses its ability to lubricate like it is supposed to and you have problems its well past time to change it anyway

1 - 2 of 2 Posts