Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a new dual exhaust system pretty soon and right now i have a single exhaust and a bumper with out cut outs do i need to get a bumper with exhaust cut outs if i want to put duals on my car. And if i do could you tell me where a good place to look for that kind of bymper

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome lets try your question in here.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
no, you dont need one.
it's a matter of preference.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
You can tuck the pipes under the bumper if you want, I personally think it looks goofy.

I trimmed my factory bumper, it looks ok if done cleanly.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have mine without the cutouts and personally, i love the way my exhaust looks. Good luck on your decision!

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have mine without the cutouts and personally, i love the way my exhaust looks. Good luck on your decision!
thats the way i did my exhaust but my tips are cut at an angle so they look cool :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
61 Posts
i also have mine like this but with racing tips ..they came cut at an angle looks great ..and its gonna save you about 300 dollars on a bumper you dont really need to get.....

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2001 V6 Exhaust and Bumper

I have one more question would it be necessary to get headers and a new CAI too.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
no headers are not necessary at all.. getting aftermarket shorty headers provide no improvement .. and a CAI.. its up to you really.. whenever you get the money its not a bad idea to do gives a little power and lets your stang breathe better.. so i guess the short answer is cai yes.. headers not so much

·
Registered
119 Posts
Agreed with top comment. plus the cai gives an aggressive sound to your poiny. :p i would just get the one from AM tho since it wont do much for our 6s. The one thats 70 bucks not 200 for the cai :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.