Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its summer now and extremely hot here in TX. I have noticed after running the AC when i get out of my car i hear the condensation from the AC line drip on to my headers. Has anyone noticed this too?

·
Registered
34 Posts
iv heard of that causing the manifold to crack around 120k miles, Due to that bug. My 99 does it too, I'm not really that worried about it. If nothing else it will give me the excuse to get some nice headers eventually :D

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Yep it's normal, thinking about how long my Lt's can take the punishment....
Good excuse to delete A/C or get new headers as Shaydipanda said :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
142 Posts
condensation

All that is is the condensation from the AC running dripping down and landing on your headers. It forms from the AC running and being colder than the air around it causing water to form and collect. When you are finished driving, it continues to drip and it sounds like it is located right above your headers.

Transitioning from hot to cold at a rapid pace (Your hot headers being unintentionally cooled by the condensation dripping) can cause cracks in the metal over a long period of time. But I'm sure you won't have a problem running your AC like you have been and it dripping on the headers, causing them to crack. And like you said, if it happens, it gives you a reason for new, better headers. If anything, my younger brother had the same issue and he made himself a steel run-off, like gutters, that collects the condensation and runs it off to the side where it won't hit the headers. I think it was too much work for a minor issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts