Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all! My Mustang has a recurring problem. After driving it for a while (at least 20 minutes), if I park it and come back to it within 10-30 minutes, it occasionally won't start. It turns over, but it won't start. If I leave it alone for another 10-20 minutes, it starts. I took it to the dealership a few months ago, and because they couldn't get it to act up, they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I had the problem again recently, took it back to the dealership (where it's sitting now), and they say they can't get it to act up, and therefore they can't figure out what's wrong.

Have any ideas I could give them? It seems ridiculous that they need to experience the problem themselves to be able to diagnose it, when it will be exactly what I've told them. There should be a short list of things it might be, and they should be checking those things. However, they're not. I can use any advice you can give before they call me and tell me to come pick it up!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Keri said:
Greetings, all! My Mustang has a recurring problem. After driving it for a while (at least 20 minutes), if I park it and come back to it within 10-30 minutes, it occasionally won't start. It turns over, but it won't start. If I leave it alone for another 10-20 minutes, it starts. I took it to the dealership a few months ago, and because they couldn't get it to act up, they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I had the problem again recently, took it back to the dealership (where it's sitting now), and they say they can't get it to act up, and therefore they can't figure out what's wrong.

Have any ideas I could give them? It seems ridiculous that they need to experience the problem themselves to be able to diagnose it, when it will be exactly what I've told them. There should be a short list of things it might be, and they should be checking those things. However, they're not. I can use any advice you can give before they call me and tell me to come pick it up!

Thanks!
Usually, it's timing.

you might try spraying the MAF with electrical contact cleaner. Sometimes false readings make it hard to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved, finally!

The dealership again said the couldn't find the problem and I took it home. This morning, it wouldn't start. I had it towed in, and they finally found the problem. The computer thought the wrong key was being used to start it, therefore wouldn't start. They have rekeyed the car and replaced the transceiver and tell me all is well again.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
PATS system....damn that thing

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
too late dewd, allready fixed, it was the PATS System, car didnt recognize the key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.