Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, v8 mustangs can get decent MPG

Votes: 5 83.3%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I currently drive a 2003 Chevy Cavalier and I get about 21-23 mpg with ALL city driving. (200-250miles per 14gallon tank)
I rarely go hard on the car and most often drive alone.

I REALLY want to get a V8 mustang between 02 and 04. But I keep hearing about how I'll have to fill up the car VERY often and end up spending double amount of money on just gas.

Should I avoid it (and look into getting a v6 or a civic si) or are people exaggeration ?

Thank you so much for the advice.

·
0 Posts
Probably 14-18 mpg in town depending on how you drive, how stock it is, how it was optioned at the factory, A/C usage, and position of the moon and stars.

The big problem is, power is addictive. Once you get a taste, you'll start using it more and more.

Hell, I got 19-20mpg out of my 2010 Mustang GT for the first few tanks, all in town, but by the time I traded it in I was letting it all hang out everywhere I went, every time I went, and was getting 14-15mpg. It'd get 25-27 highway though. :gringreen

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
they get about 18mpg, really barely less than any V6

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My old 2000 would average 22ish city/hwy with me romping on it. It'll use more gas than a cavalier, but not that bad if you have some self control.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I get 16-18 strictly around town with a few romps on the smile pedal once in a while and have gotten 27 on a 600 mi round trip. Not bad for a 12 yr old 113K mi convertible that keeps me smiling every time I drive it. This is the way I take it...a gallon of gas is still cheaper than buying 4 bottles of Poland Springs water at your local 7-11! Your right foot will definitely control your fuel mileage.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you drive normal you probably wont even see a differences. Once you lay into there is no going back. Every time your in the car your right foot will be itching to put it to the floor. But hell that's really why you buy a mustang!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
i average between 22-25 mpg on the 02 gt 5-spd, with about 3/4 highway driving. The EPA city rating is 15-16, but you can exceed that pretty easily if you don't get on it very often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts