Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Ford Mustang V6 with a cable clutch and for about a month now, my clutch has been acting weird. When I engage a gear, usually 1st through 3rd, and come off the clutch (start engaging the clutch), the clutch pedal feels tight and almost like its sticking to the floor, coming up in small increments.

The best I can describe it is that the pedal is sticking as it comes up; kind of like taking duct tape off of a table. Now I do have a self-adjusting clutch pedal that you pull up and it will click if it changed and then you push it all the way down. I've done this, and its had little affect on the feel of the pedal. no gears are grinding and I have no trouble selecting the gear. just coming off the clutch doesnt feel right.

I know my clutch disc, etc. are good, had those replaced about 6 or 7 months ago and it has never slipped. [also i've done the 3rd gear parking brake test]. I've tried to ignore it but its getting annoying, and i dont think its very SAFE when i need to engage a gear as quickly as possible to merge into traffic, etc. Lately, its also been moody; once or twice when engaging a gear, the clutch pedal will feel extremely springy. What are some possibilities as to the problem and solution of this issue?!?! Any help is appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I would check for cable binding. REmove the cable from underneath your car, and at the pedal assembly. It sounds like it is binding. You can also spray WD40 down the cable to see if it will free up. Then again, it's probably about $50.00 for a new cable......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts