Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gardener who also drinks far too much had lots to say one night. I am wanting to throw this out to you guys in case it happens to be true

He asked me"why don't you get a supercharger for that thing?" "They are only a little over a thousand dollars in some states down south of the boarder."

Up in Calgary where we get 37 deg C in the summer and -37 deg C in the winter, I have to say they end up costing between four to six thousand

Does anyone think my gardener is nipping at the beer keg a little too hard or is there some truth in there??

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Is his name "Chauncy Gardener" by any chance?

I don't know about the earlier years, but superchargers (complete kits) for the S197 mustaing, with the 4.6 engine, run about $5,000-6,000 US, down here south of the border.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Id say probably $4-5,000 without a dyno tune for the new edges to get a new already assembled kit. In the US.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
You can get them a little cheaper than that, like around $3500 for a centri but you need to stay away from the pre-packaged kits and buy all the components separate. I was just looking on a site the other day that had Procharger P1SC head units for $2200; basically right there is the main part and all the rest is little stuff (which can still nickel n' dime your operation). But roughly another $1000 on the little stuff plus a dyno tune, I think it can be all said n' done for $4K.

Or go buy a kit for $4500 - $5500 and by the time it's tuned you can be approaching $6K. Your pick.

This also assumes DIY installation. I have no idea what shop labor might be for a blower install but it's easy to guess it's a full day's work at whatever the hourly rate might be, so I think it's safe to call that another $700 - $1000 right there. Which is a good enough reason to figure out how to put it together yourself.

As far as the whole "only a little over a $thousand" comment your gardener made, he needs to back off the Molson's a little bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts