Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The differential cover gasket on my 2002 GT is leaking. I'm trying to change it out and re-seal it but for the life of my I can not find the fill plug on this differential! Thanks in advance to anyone who knows where it is or has a link to a diagram that shows where it is. I've searched around the internet but the best I can find is a diagram to a 2005.

Thanks again!

R

·
0 Posts
leftside of the diff housing, ahead of the axle tube and there is No gasket on the cover, just RTV

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one more question: Is it like an oil pan plug with a hex head that you have to unscrew or is just a plug that you pry/pop out with a flat head screw driver?

·
Registered
285 Posts
one more question: Is it like an oil pan plug with a hex head that you have to unscrew or is just a plug that you pry/pop out with a flat head screw driver?
You just use a ratchet with a 3/8" drive extension shaft with no socket on the end of it, if I remember correctly. It unscrews standard thread (lefty loosey, righty tighty). :bigthumbsup

-Nick

R

·
0 Posts

that is correct, it's just a big pipe plug and it sits nearly flush wth the housing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I don't know if I am just dense or something but I can find nothing on my diff housing that looks like a normal diff plug. I'm totally at a loss!?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
It'll look a little different than a plug, basically about 1 inch diameter with a square hole in it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
and when you fill it stick your finger in and it should be up to your first knuckle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.