Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am new to the forums and have a question for you guys. I have literally everything i need to do a complete auto to manual swap, but dont understand the computer part of it. Will i need to change the auto computer to a 5 speed computer or can i buy an sct tuner and get a program that tells the ECU that its a manual, can someone please help. thanks

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
All you need is to remove the auto paramaters from your computer, if you have an SCT a tuner can do it, I know for a fact Bama can.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
What MY is the donor transmission? Is it from a 99-04?

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Make sure the T45 comes from a 99-04, earlier T45s used a mechanical speed sensor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a tremec after market racing trans brand new that fits 99-04 mustangs, its all installed just wonder if the computer needs to be changed

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
like i said, you can just get a tune for it, otherwise you would have to reprogram PATS and a bunch of other crap. Buy an SCT handheld from American Muscle, and when you put in the tune form for Bama tell them you need an auto to manual tune, and call them as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called American muscle and they told me that the act tuner could not do that. They said I would have to actually change the ecu from auto to Manual I think I'll try the act tuner anyway.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
SCT lol, call Bama not AM, Bama is the tuners and they will tell you what they can and can not do. They explicitly told me that the automoatic was 2 parameters that if you go manual they switch from 1 to 0 and bam, the ECU sees a manual tranny.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
no problem man, i contemplated the swap witha V6 to 8 swap a while back, decided the engine part would be too expensive, once i blow my auto im going to a cobra T-56, the 6 speed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts