Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tweeters just fine, no sub, could the amp be blown. Also just bought a 2002 convertable. Unlike a coupe, where are the amps?
Thanks,

·
Registered
133 Posts
You don't have subwoofers stock with the Mach 460 system. You have low-range speakers that deliver the bass and low ranges. You could have a blow amp or two. In the convertible they are located behind the rear seats and mounted on top of the wheel well hump. Dig around and you will find them. I would first just check all the connections and if you have a multimeter check to see if they are getting power. If they are hooked up and getting power they might be blown. Are you getting any sound out of the speakers at all? You could check the connections to the speakers as well.

There's a whole ton of info on this site for the mach systems: Mach 460 Information

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
mach 460

You don't have subwoofers stock with the Mach 460 system. You have low-range speakers that deliver the bass and low ranges. You could have a blow amp or two. In the convertible they are located behind the rear seats and mounted on top of the wheel well hump. Dig around and you will find them. I would first just check all the connections and if you have a multimeter check to see if they are getting power. If they are hooked up and getting power they might be blown. Are you getting any sound out of the speakers at all? You could check the connections to the speakers as well.

There's a whole ton of info on this site for the mach systems: Mach 460 Information
Thanks, read your info...now I know it's a mach 1000 system. Should rattle windows, it does not. Something is missing (boom)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mach 460 Part 2

Did some digging last night.
Mach 1000 HU, mach speakers.Bummer, no subs :(
Hu has 80 watts, still to figure out why weak bass.
All speakers working, just weak in the bass area.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Might have something to do with having a Mach 1000 HU hooked into a Mach460 system. I don't know much about the 1000 system and how it is wired differently than the 460 system so you might have to do some digging into the wiring diagrams and check to see if everything is hooked up right. If you have a mach 1000 head unit it will say Mach1000 right on the front of it... if someone put that in they may have changed the rest of the system around to. So who knows what you have going on. You may want to rip the whole thing apart and see what's installed and how it's hooked up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts