Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 mustang , today i went in to a store came out tired to start it the anti theft light was flashing fast the car turns over but wont start how can i fix this ? anyway to bypass the anti theft on these cars ? i'm a chevy guy and this is my 1st ford i'v only had it 3 weeks

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Do you have any large metal objects on the key ring? Try starting with just the key.

Late model PATS can be disabled with a hand held tuner. There is no "magic" wire to cut that will disable PATS.

Check out the cluster diagnostic mode. The DTC codes stored in the cluster can help with troubleshooting.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/v6-tech/49159-diagnostic-mode.html

·
Registered
606 Posts
i have a 2002 mustang , today i went in to a store came out tired to start it the anti theft light was flashing fast the car turns over but wont start how can i fix this ? anyway to bypass the anti theft on these cars ? i'm a chevy guy and this is my 1st ford i'v only had it 3 weeks
If you have more than one Ford PATS key on your key ring, that could cause some confusion for the module as it may be picking up both signals.

If you have a lot of keys on your key ring, this will also wreak havoc on the PATS transceiver on the ignition lock cylinder.

Another possibility is the PCM has died. We've had several instances where the PCM has crapped out & of course the vehicle wont start & the theft light flashes like mad. A trip to the Ford dealer will be needed to program the new PCM to the keys & the car.

Also, a good friend of mine recently had an 01 V6 roll through his shop with the same symptoms & the PCM checked out good. After a few head scratching attempts, he finnaly figured out that the battery inside the PATS key for the transmitter had died & was no longer transmitting. A new key & reprogram by Ford solved the issue.

Long story short, you'll likely end up paying your local Ford dealer an hour or two labor plus parts, but they'll have you going in a day or two.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was the pats transponder that went on it i should have it back monday , and i got a spare key cut and programed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts