Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently replaced the brakes on my 2002 Mustang V6 and noticed there are these little clips that go on the top and bottom of each pad... I was told by a few people that they are rattle clips, I cant seem to find these parts anywhere and a few of them have broke just from normal wear.

The parts are pretty small and are not the metal part that attaches to the caliper itself, but attaches to each indivial brake pad, totally 2 clips per pad. I just need to know what these are called and if there is a place to purchase them. Or do they even serve a purpose. The brakes are working without them but a little squeeky. I dont know if these are causing part of the squeeking problem or not.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What your talking about is part of the brake hardware that are intended to keep the pad tight and noise free. They commonly break due to wear and tear, you should always check these and replace if neccessary when you do the brake to ensure that everything works A-OK. You can usually buy the hardware kits at your local autoparts for about 10-15 bucks. One kit should do both left and right. The parts numbers for these are Front set: Raybestos H5658 Rear Set: Raybestos H5625A. Not many people bother with these details when they change their brakes, but better safe than sorry in my opinion. Don't forget to lube the guide pins (especially when changing the rears, they tend to seize up badly). Hope this helps! :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
jordanjarrette said:
I've just recently replaced the brakes on my 2002 Mustang V6 and noticed there are these little clips that go on the top and bottom of each pad... I was told by a few people that they are rattle clips, I cant seem to find these parts anywhere and a few of them have broke just from normal wear.

The parts are pretty small and are not the metal part that attaches to the caliper itself, but attaches to each indivial brake pad, totally 2 clips per pad. I just need to know what these are called and if there is a place to purchase them. Or do they even serve a purpose. The brakes are working without them but a little squeeky. I dont know if these are causing part of the squeeking problem or not.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.
They are called anti-rattle clips. He was right you can purchase them at a auto store. Clean the caliper and caliper bracket with die grinder or equiv. and then grease all clips and caliper with caliper grease and you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.