Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've been a lurker on here for quite sometime now and this is one area I just cant seem to come up with a decent answer.

I have a 2002 red convertible GT and am needing a good alarm system with paging and whatnot. Its in a parking garage during work. I'm not so much worried during that time. However, I've started night classes in a not so decent part of Atlanta from 5-10:30 at night 2 times a week and the first thing a person said to me was "you better keep that top up, there's been two jackings this past year."

A slightly unsettling feeling if I may say so, mostly because I believe them in that area.

Good news is my classrooms are no further than 100-200 feet away from my car, but I cant just get up and take a peek out the window every 10 minutes. So a paging alarm setup would work perfect in this scenario, or at least put me a little more at ease.

I've searched and searched but can't seem to find any reliable sources on quality car alarms except for a Code Alarm video on youtube.

Which brings me to my next question,
The Code Alarm this guy uses controls remote start, windows up/down, AND the convertible top!?! Is that an easy setup or a pretty advanced set of customizing wires and modules?

I'm mostly looking for guidance here, and protection with the convertible top. A proximity alarm may be a little overboard mostly because i think it just attracts more attention when people walk by it and it goes off. But I'm open to ANY suggestions or other brands within reasonable budget, anything under $500.

Thanks again! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
the earliest 2005 mustangs rolled their windows down when you clicked the unlock on the fob a third time, but they stopped adding that feaure after they discovered cell phones were rolling down windows due to the frequency. IMO get an alarm system like the S197 system. motion sensors and tilt sensors and you should be protected from a break in or someone stealing it/the tires

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go with a Viper 5901 or 5902. The 5902 has a color display on the remote, but thats the only real difference. The 5901 is a better overall price. It is a two way remote start and security system with an lcd screen remote and a one mile range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.