Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i went to school and my 2002 Mustang was doing fine, but when i was coming back to my house the stereo and all the lights on the dashboard started to turn on and off like 2 seconds but wont turn off the engine. This happened like 10 times on the way from school to my house and when i got home i turned off the car and its dead now, no lights turn on inside or outside the car it wont start either makes no sounds or anything... i changed the battery a few weeks ago and the one i have its brand new.

Does anybody knows how to solve this or whats wrong with my car?

thanks

(Sorry if my english its not 100% right):$

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Sounds like corroded battery connections.

No warning lights have been on? Do you recall if your alternator warning light works? It's the picture of the battery and should light with the ignition turned on but engine off.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
+1 on above. Don't cut corners on the battery and battery cables. Today's cars can not work without a strong battery and charging system. The battery terminals need to be clean. The cables must be clean, tight, and corrosion free.

Do you have a volt meter? If so, what is the battery voltage with everything off? Turn on the head lights. What happens to the battery voltage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts